Saturday, November 6, 2010

Changes

I have come a long way since I started this blog four short months ago.  I started the blog with a broad, general goal set.  I didn't want to become any specific person.  I didn't want to accomplish any specific goal.  I just wanted to grow.  I wanted to become more honest and understand what it feels like to be confident in the truth.  I wanted to grow as a sexual being and to be able to own my sexuality.  I also wanted to get to know the opposite sex a bit better.

I wanted to understand myself.  I had thoughts and urges and I had been programmed to think that they were dirty or unnatural.  It wasn't just outside influence that had led me to think this way.  I drank the KoolAid.  I passed judgments on women and I passed judgments on myself.  That's all gone.  I have a new view on sex, sexuality and femininity.

When I started sharing, I wanted to see life, love and sexuality without the goals of a relationship or monogamy.  I didn't really have any view on relationships.  I just knew they hadn't been working for me. I was missing the forest for the trees.  I had been in and out of relationships with no success.  Once I stepped back, I found myself wondering what I had been doing for the past year or two of my life.  I was altering who I was and what I wanted to fit the relationship, instead of taking the time to find a relationship that fit me.

I think my take on relationships is frequently misunderstood or I have done a piss poor job at articulating my thoughts.  Most likely, I just didn't understand how I felt.  I find that guys tend to think that I am avidly against being in a relationship.  This is not the case.  I have nothing against relationships.  I frequently find myself longing for a partner.  The difference in me now and me a year ago is this: I now realize that it is a want and not a need. This mindset allows me to be more selective and create higher quality bonds with people.  I realize that some of the situations I enter into are just for momentary glory and others have a potential to last.  This allows me to be honest and open with my lovers.  If I have a higher level of self awareness, I can keep it on the level with the men I am seeing/sleeping with.

At the present, I am in a strange place.  I still want to meet the right person.  I want to have that connection, but I am not done exploring my sexuality.  Simply put, I still want to sleep around.  However, I don't see that changing.  I think it's the natural human condition to want diversity in our sex lives.  The thing is, my idea of a relationship doesn't allow for that.  If I meet a person that is worth it, I will happily give up my trysts and start my sexual exploration with one person.  I miss the comfort of being totally open with one person and the ability to ask for wants and try new things in a trusting, loving environment.  There is a lot to be said for that exploration, as well.  For now, I will be focusing on loving myself and exploring my sexuality with a plethora of attractive men.



 

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I am the product-child of the Women's Lib movement. I have a grade A education, a promising career and no immediate goal for children or a spouse. I will be 30 this year and I have spent many years in monogamous relationships. In and out of 1 to 2 year relationships, I always dated with the goal of meeting someone special. Most of the time I didn't date. Most of the time I found myself falling into relationship after relationship. These relationships were doomed to fail. They were all built on expectations that were, for me, unattainable. I love meeting new people. I find sex enjoyable and empowering and I am not happy when I am monogamous. So, after my last break-up, after taking some time to grieve, I decided to cut my societal puppet strings and get back in the game. I set out on a mission to spend the Summer of 2010 dating as many men as possible. My only initial criteria was attraction. My only limitation was - no love and no structured relationships. This is my date by date tale of what life can be like outside of the goals of relationships and love.
There was an error in this gadget