Hey there folks. Did you miss me? Of course not, but I decided to give you an update anyway. I have been busy working on an article and trying to get settled in at school. I have been chatting with several men in the area, but to tell you the truth, I am a little tired. Summer took it's toll on me and so I decided to take some recovery time. I mean, first I banged a pro ball player. Now, I am recovering.
In my recovery time, I have tossed a net out over a 50 mile radius to see what future prospect I can turn up. Since I live in a town with very few mean... Yes, I know. It's a cruel fate for a serial dater to be put in a town with no men. But, since I do live in this arid town, my dating life has become that of an online dater, solely. Sure I have always done online dating, it's become a perfectly viable way to meet guys. Some of them are even sane. I am currently talking to 3 guys.
There's the father of two. Speaking of him, I haven't chatted with him in about a week, so he might be dropping off the list soon. This makes me sad. He was kind, smart and cute. There's the young producer. He's cute. We will inevitably be friends. He is just that kind of guy. I was drawn to his picture in a weird way. He looked like someone I could be friends with and he was cute. Then, I found out he had the same birthday as Lewis. Same age and all. He wants to meet up for lunch and he told me to invite some friends. Now that I say it that way, it sounds like maybe he was casting his own net ... over me and some of my friends. I will have to think about that one for a while.
Speaking of Lewis, he's still around. We don't talk as much as I would like, but I knew it would be this way. Having emotions involved is too distracting right now. I am, unfortunately possibly working on an emotional attachment with another young man. He keeps challenging my serial dating and he thinks I should reconsider relationships and why I don't want one. We have been talking a lot about that. I will have to fill you guys in once he and I have delved into my relationship psyche a little further.
Then there is the newest one. He and I have been texting for a few days and we video chatted for 2 hours last night. He lives almost 2 hours away. He is adorable. I couldn't help but tell him he was cute ... a few times. He is funny and we were comfortable talking. I woke up a little under the weather, so I won't be talking to him today, or seeing him any time very soon, but I am a patient woman. I don't mind waiting.
Finally, there is The One That Fled. He read the blog and he was gone. It was almost instantaneous. He asked what I write and, in the sake full honesty and disclosure, I told him. We were on the phone and he googled it immediately and started reading. He had an almost visceral reaction. Very vocal. I could hear his shock. Then he let me go and texted that he would talk to me tomorrow. It was pretty damned funny. You win some you lose some. I lost that one. I make it clear that I won't reveal anyone's identity and that I will refrain from writing should anyone feel I am invading their privacy. I try to be totally forthcoming and respectful. Up to this point, no one has ever shied away from me because of the blog. But there is a first time for everything.
I still talk to The Player, but he just got traded and he is dealing with his career stuff, so he's been understandably distant. So, that's it guys. Pretty boring stuff. This is what we would call a dry spell. And it's not really that dry. I'm still splashing around in some puddles. Until next time...
- Poly Amory
- I am the product-child of the Women's Lib movement. I have a grade A education, a promising career and no immediate goal for children or a spouse. I will be 30 this year and I have spent many years in monogamous relationships. In and out of 1 to 2 year relationships, I always dated with the goal of meeting someone special. Most of the time I didn't date. Most of the time I found myself falling into relationship after relationship. These relationships were doomed to fail. They were all built on expectations that were, for me, unattainable. I love meeting new people. I find sex enjoyable and empowering and I am not happy when I am monogamous. So, after my last break-up, after taking some time to grieve, I decided to cut my societal puppet strings and get back in the game. I set out on a mission to spend the Summer of 2010 dating as many men as possible. My only initial criteria was attraction. My only limitation was - no love and no structured relationships. This is my date by date tale of what life can be like outside of the goals of relationships and love.
- ► 2011 (78)
- A Call To Action
- Support The Troops - Part 2
- Support The Troops
- So You Lost Your Virginity, Huh?
- Rejection. The Tale Of How I Wanted More ...
- Late Night Updates
- The New Crops
- The Dry Spell
- Weird Day For The Online Dater
- The Player - Part 3
- The Player - Part 2
- The Player
- Late Night Realizations: or, When Did This Happen?...
- Mr. One Upper - Repost
- I'm Not New To This ...
- ▼ September (20)