Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm Not New To This ...

I am back in New England.  I have been back almost 3 days and I definitely hit the ground running.  Not really ... I hit the ground sleeping, because The Beautiful One put it on me the night before my flight.  But, that's neither here nor there.  The point is I had dates lined up before I ever boarded the plane in Houston.

I have not ever dated anyone in my 2 years here in New England.  Shocking, I know.  I generally save my dating for Houston.  Like I have said, I love the Houston guys.  But, it was time for a change.  I can't make it through another year here denying such a big part of myself.  So, about a week before my return, I switched my online dating profiles over and started making contacts.

I had one good contact.  He actually was kind enough to pick me up from the airport when my ride bailed last minute.  That was exceptionally generous.  I think I will see him again, but I don't know how long I will go with it, because I think he is a bit too nice for me.  He's very christian and he doesn't cuss.  I didn't even know how to begin to approach the blog.   The truth is, he is probably a lot more open minded than I am giving him credit for, but he's a Sunday school teacher and I am just concerned that my true being will offend his sensibilities.  So, we will see where that goes.

That was the ONE good one.  I hung out with another guy.  I don't even want to go into it.  He is the thing about New England that really gets me.  The men here can be so high maintenance.  Seriously, they are a bit hard to swallow.  No pun intended.  This dude's dick would never come anywhere near my mouth.  He was cute, so I might rub up against him for a minute or let him go down on me, but I wouldn't think twice about denying him sex or head.  It's my prerogative.  Dude was a Grade A prick.  He took attempts at being funny to a level of just being rude, not to mention he has a girlfriend.  I need him to just sit down.

Then, there was That Guy Part 2.   This one didn't get past a phone conversation.  Thank God.  Can I just say that there is a difference between being a confident man and just attempting to make people feel inferior.  That doesn't read as confidence.  It reads as assholery.  If I ask where you are from and you tell me to chill with the 20 questions, you can go sit down, too.  We are done here.  I don't have to have an intellectual tennis match with you on the first phone call.  I know I am smart.  You will be able to see it and if you are smart, I will find out soon enough as well.  And if you aren't that smart, just work on being nice.  Nice is a good quality too.  I don't go for the jerks.  Some might, but I do not.

Things started looking up yesterday.  I will let you guys know how it goes.  I have some positive prospects.  In the meantime, I am going to steer clear of the guys that want to compete with me and prove they are smarter.  It's not going to happen buddy.  I don't mind witty banter or some light hearted joking.  Todd was really good at that and I enjoyed it.  But if you aren't as smooth as Todd, don't try it.  You just come off as trying to compete with me.  I don't compete with dudes.  I prefer to join forces and see what kind of shit we can do together.  But, maybe that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am the product-child of the Women's Lib movement. I have a grade A education, a promising career and no immediate goal for children or a spouse. I will be 30 this year and I have spent many years in monogamous relationships. In and out of 1 to 2 year relationships, I always dated with the goal of meeting someone special. Most of the time I didn't date. Most of the time I found myself falling into relationship after relationship. These relationships were doomed to fail. They were all built on expectations that were, for me, unattainable. I love meeting new people. I find sex enjoyable and empowering and I am not happy when I am monogamous. So, after my last break-up, after taking some time to grieve, I decided to cut my societal puppet strings and get back in the game. I set out on a mission to spend the Summer of 2010 dating as many men as possible. My only initial criteria was attraction. My only limitation was - no love and no structured relationships. This is my date by date tale of what life can be like outside of the goals of relationships and love.
There was an error in this gadget