Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm Not New To This ...

I am back in New England.  I have been back almost 3 days and I definitely hit the ground running.  Not really ... I hit the ground sleeping, because The Beautiful One put it on me the night before my flight.  But, that's neither here nor there.  The point is I had dates lined up before I ever boarded the plane in Houston.

I have not ever dated anyone in my 2 years here in New England.  Shocking, I know.  I generally save my dating for Houston.  Like I have said, I love the Houston guys.  But, it was time for a change.  I can't make it through another year here denying such a big part of myself.  So, about a week before my return, I switched my online dating profiles over and started making contacts.

I had one good contact.  He actually was kind enough to pick me up from the airport when my ride bailed last minute.  That was exceptionally generous.  I think I will see him again, but I don't know how long I will go with it, because I think he is a bit too nice for me.  He's very christian and he doesn't cuss.  I didn't even know how to begin to approach the blog.   The truth is, he is probably a lot more open minded than I am giving him credit for, but he's a Sunday school teacher and I am just concerned that my true being will offend his sensibilities.  So, we will see where that goes.

That was the ONE good one.  I hung out with another guy.  I don't even want to go into it.  He is the thing about New England that really gets me.  The men here can be so high maintenance.  Seriously, they are a bit hard to swallow.  No pun intended.  This dude's dick would never come anywhere near my mouth.  He was cute, so I might rub up against him for a minute or let him go down on me, but I wouldn't think twice about denying him sex or head.  It's my prerogative.  Dude was a Grade A prick.  He took attempts at being funny to a level of just being rude, not to mention he has a girlfriend.  I need him to just sit down.

Then, there was That Guy Part 2.   This one didn't get past a phone conversation.  Thank God.  Can I just say that there is a difference between being a confident man and just attempting to make people feel inferior.  That doesn't read as confidence.  It reads as assholery.  If I ask where you are from and you tell me to chill with the 20 questions, you can go sit down, too.  We are done here.  I don't have to have an intellectual tennis match with you on the first phone call.  I know I am smart.  You will be able to see it and if you are smart, I will find out soon enough as well.  And if you aren't that smart, just work on being nice.  Nice is a good quality too.  I don't go for the jerks.  Some might, but I do not.

Things started looking up yesterday.  I will let you guys know how it goes.  I have some positive prospects.  In the meantime, I am going to steer clear of the guys that want to compete with me and prove they are smarter.  It's not going to happen buddy.  I don't mind witty banter or some light hearted joking.  Todd was really good at that and I enjoyed it.  But if you aren't as smooth as Todd, don't try it.  You just come off as trying to compete with me.  I don't compete with dudes.  I prefer to join forces and see what kind of shit we can do together.  But, maybe that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am the product-child of the Women's Lib movement. I have a grade A education, a promising career and no immediate goal for children or a spouse. I will be 30 this year and I have spent many years in monogamous relationships. In and out of 1 to 2 year relationships, I always dated with the goal of meeting someone special. Most of the time I didn't date. Most of the time I found myself falling into relationship after relationship. These relationships were doomed to fail. They were all built on expectations that were, for me, unattainable. I love meeting new people. I find sex enjoyable and empowering and I am not happy when I am monogamous. So, after my last break-up, after taking some time to grieve, I decided to cut my societal puppet strings and get back in the game. I set out on a mission to spend the Summer of 2010 dating as many men as possible. My only initial criteria was attraction. My only limitation was - no love and no structured relationships. This is my date by date tale of what life can be like outside of the goals of relationships and love.