I am back in New England. I have been back almost 3 days and I definitely hit the ground running. Not really ... I hit the ground sleeping, because The Beautiful One put it on me the night before my flight. But, that's neither here nor there. The point is I had dates lined up before I ever boarded the plane in Houston.
I have not ever dated anyone in my 2 years here in New England. Shocking, I know. I generally save my dating for Houston. Like I have said, I love the Houston guys. But, it was time for a change. I can't make it through another year here denying such a big part of myself. So, about a week before my return, I switched my online dating profiles over and started making contacts.
I had one good contact. He actually was kind enough to pick me up from the airport when my ride bailed last minute. That was exceptionally generous. I think I will see him again, but I don't know how long I will go with it, because I think he is a bit too nice for me. He's very christian and he doesn't cuss. I didn't even know how to begin to approach the blog. The truth is, he is probably a lot more open minded than I am giving him credit for, but he's a Sunday school teacher and I am just concerned that my true being will offend his sensibilities. So, we will see where that goes.
That was the ONE good one. I hung out with another guy. I don't even want to go into it. He is the thing about New England that really gets me. The men here can be so high maintenance. Seriously, they are a bit hard to swallow. No pun intended. This dude's dick would never come anywhere near my mouth. He was cute, so I might rub up against him for a minute or let him go down on me, but I wouldn't think twice about denying him sex or head. It's my prerogative. Dude was a Grade A prick. He took attempts at being funny to a level of just being rude, not to mention he has a girlfriend. I need him to just sit down.
Then, there was That Guy Part 2. This one didn't get past a phone conversation. Thank God. Can I just say that there is a difference between being a confident man and just attempting to make people feel inferior. That doesn't read as confidence. It reads as assholery. If I ask where you are from and you tell me to chill with the 20 questions, you can go sit down, too. We are done here. I don't have to have an intellectual tennis match with you on the first phone call. I know I am smart. You will be able to see it and if you are smart, I will find out soon enough as well. And if you aren't that smart, just work on being nice. Nice is a good quality too. I don't go for the jerks. Some might, but I do not.
Things started looking up yesterday. I will let you guys know how it goes. I have some positive prospects. In the meantime, I am going to steer clear of the guys that want to compete with me and prove they are smarter. It's not going to happen buddy. I don't mind witty banter or some light hearted joking. Todd was really good at that and I enjoyed it. But if you aren't as smooth as Todd, don't try it. You just come off as trying to compete with me. I don't compete with dudes. I prefer to join forces and see what kind of shit we can do together. But, maybe that's just me.
- Poly Amory
- I am the product-child of the Women's Lib movement. I have a grade A education, a promising career and no immediate goal for children or a spouse. I will be 30 this year and I have spent many years in monogamous relationships. In and out of 1 to 2 year relationships, I always dated with the goal of meeting someone special. Most of the time I didn't date. Most of the time I found myself falling into relationship after relationship. These relationships were doomed to fail. They were all built on expectations that were, for me, unattainable. I love meeting new people. I find sex enjoyable and empowering and I am not happy when I am monogamous. So, after my last break-up, after taking some time to grieve, I decided to cut my societal puppet strings and get back in the game. I set out on a mission to spend the Summer of 2010 dating as many men as possible. My only initial criteria was attraction. My only limitation was - no love and no structured relationships. This is my date by date tale of what life can be like outside of the goals of relationships and love.
- ► 2011 (78)
- A Call To Action
- Support The Troops - Part 2
- Support The Troops
- So You Lost Your Virginity, Huh?
- Rejection. The Tale Of How I Wanted More ...
- Late Night Updates
- The New Crops
- The Dry Spell
- Weird Day For The Online Dater
- The Player - Part 3
- The Player - Part 2
- The Player
- Late Night Realizations: or, When Did This Happen?...
- Mr. One Upper - Repost
- I'm Not New To This ...
- ▼ September (20)