Sunday, September 19, 2010

Late Night Updates

I think my Serial Dater status might be posing a problem for my dating life.  It's a catch-22 of sorts.  I need to date to continue the blog, but the blog is hindering the organic nature of my dating life.  I have to be honest about the blog, because the other purpose of the blog is to hold me to honesty.  See how this gets tricky?  The fact of the matter is, it's not a big enough problem to stop writing.  It's not affecting the overall dating experience enough to pull the plug and call this an experiment that has run its course.  When one great set of abs seems turned away by the blogs existence, I get sad.  But, the experience overall is greater than one really really gorgeous man.  It's bigger than that.  I just have to remember.

So,  I met a guy online and we started chatting.  He called and we've talked on the phone a few times.  He seems really cool.  The type of guy that is just super easy to get along with.  And ... he has a great body and a handsome face.  He actually looks a lot like my ex, but we can get past that.  Or we could have, had I not been so honest as to tell him about the blog.  Pretty sure that was the end of that.

As we were talking on the phone, he was reading the blog.  He would ask questions and then fall back into reading.  It was odd, but funny at the same time.  His responses were great.  Bursts of laughter and fear.  He felt sorry for Mr. Apologies, as we all do.  I reassured him that I had changed enough about that story to insure that Mr. Apologies will never read his blog post or know he is the one I speak of.  But, soon after, he said he had to go and then he texted that he was headed out and would talk to me tomorrow.  Tomorrow never came.  Oh well ... You win some you lose some.  If he was scared away by the blog, he will be one of the first.  If not the first.  That's not a bad record so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am the product-child of the Women's Lib movement. I have a grade A education, a promising career and no immediate goal for children or a spouse. I will be 30 this year and I have spent many years in monogamous relationships. In and out of 1 to 2 year relationships, I always dated with the goal of meeting someone special. Most of the time I didn't date. Most of the time I found myself falling into relationship after relationship. These relationships were doomed to fail. They were all built on expectations that were, for me, unattainable. I love meeting new people. I find sex enjoyable and empowering and I am not happy when I am monogamous. So, after my last break-up, after taking some time to grieve, I decided to cut my societal puppet strings and get back in the game. I set out on a mission to spend the Summer of 2010 dating as many men as possible. My only initial criteria was attraction. My only limitation was - no love and no structured relationships. This is my date by date tale of what life can be like outside of the goals of relationships and love.