What's with the hickeys??? I have made it through 30 years without getting one. Then, all of a sudden, I get two in the course of two weeks? The Photographer gave me my first hickey and it was an accident, but this last one was a definite "wrench in the spokes" move. It's got "Intent to Claim" written all over it.
This newest guy... I don't know what we will call him, yet. He's got motives. And I don't know what they are. That's a little scary to me. What's also scary is that I have shown him the site. He and I went on a few dates when I was here in Houston during the summer. At that time, I showed him the site and I am not sure that we ever really talked about it again. I don't know if he reads it or will see this. I am not totally sure that he knows what I "do" or am doing. Nor do I know what he is doing.
Don't get me wrong. We have had some really nice times together. He's really sweet and it's very nice to spend time with him. He's attentive, but sometimes too much so. I get the feeling that all the attention he shows me is like throwing a boomerang. He's hoping it will all come back to him. Of course, we all want someone to reciprocate. But, it's a fine line. There is a point when someone caring for you and being there for you can start to feel a little draining. He's not there yet, but I am keeping one eye open at all times, just in case needy starts to creep in.
On the other hand, I also get the idea that he might be looking for sex. But, he's just one of those guys that will date you for a while, get sex and then chuck a deuce and move on. He might be a hunter that likes to stalk his pray for a bit. If that is the case, we will find out soon, because last night, in his car, things got a little steamy. And, by 'a little steamy,' I mean we had a little sex. Yes, just a little. There's no hidden message there. He brought more than enough to the table, but I was cramped and uncomfortable, so I pulled the plug before anyone could reach the promised land.
I will say that when he touched me, I was really surprised. I was also surprised by the way his kiss made me feel this time. The first time we dated, I didn't really feel anything when he kissed me. I was apprehensive to kiss him again this time. There was just that same draining feeling the first time he kissed me. But, from the summer to last night, something had changed and I was really attracted to him. And his touch was amazing. It made me long for a bed to stretch out on and see what he could really offer, but alas, the passenger seat of his car wasn't really doing it for me.
So, I am left wondering many things about The Mystery Man. What is his goal? What is motivating all the attention he gives? What's he like in bed? And ... Why the hickey? We are having dinner tonight. Maybe I'll ask.
- Poly Amory
- I am the product-child of the Women's Lib movement. I have a grade A education, a promising career and no immediate goal for children or a spouse. I will be 30 this year and I have spent many years in monogamous relationships. In and out of 1 to 2 year relationships, I always dated with the goal of meeting someone special. Most of the time I didn't date. Most of the time I found myself falling into relationship after relationship. These relationships were doomed to fail. They were all built on expectations that were, for me, unattainable. I love meeting new people. I find sex enjoyable and empowering and I am not happy when I am monogamous. So, after my last break-up, after taking some time to grieve, I decided to cut my societal puppet strings and get back in the game. I set out on a mission to spend the Summer of 2010 dating as many men as possible. My only initial criteria was attraction. My only limitation was - no love and no structured relationships. This is my date by date tale of what life can be like outside of the goals of relationships and love.
- ► 2011 (78)
- Games People Play
- Houston, We Have A PROBLEM
- Grown Folks Part 2 - His Response
- Grown Folks
- Power Slut
- Houston, Again.
- This Is Not An Experiment
- Strip Clubs
- New Boys, Exes, Hickeys And Marriage
- The Death Of My Life As An Online Dater
- The Beautiful One Takes His Bow
- Run Away - Pt 2
- Run Away
- The Want To Be Wanted
- The Good Date Gets A Name
- I Am Not Ready To Love
- Some Methods, More Madness
- My Week Of Online Dating Mishaps/Disasters/What Th...
- ▼ December (21)