Okay, so apparently the online dating gods want to make sure I have good material to keep my readership up, because the insanity keeps pouring in daily. So I got a new message in my "prospective date" turned "probably not" inbox. Apparently the pond got polluted, because while there are plenty of fish, most of them are nuts. I don't mean to say this guy is nuts... But, his message had me looking over my shoulder.
I need some opinions on this one, people.
Title - "Nice Blog (: You possess sexual agency
"Hi, I read your blog before, and I am impressed with your ability to garner agency in your sex life. I have some pics to share, and I travel and stay not that far from you. I possess the intellectual ability to converse on many level(s). You will enjoy my company very much(: Send me an email address and I'll send you pic(s) of me from head to toe(: TTYL, C."
Not so super strange on the surface, right? Well, here are the details that made me say "What tha ..."
A. There is no direct link between this blog and my online dating profile. The link to the blog isn't on my profile.
B. My real name is only in two posts here on the blog and it's shortened on the profile.
C. Dude lives in Cleveland, OH. So, I didn't just turn up on a random search.
So, either he reads the blog and he decided to search for my profile or he stumbled upon me and recognized my pic. And, since he reads the blog, he's probably going to read this post. Dave Chappelle was right. The internet is a creepy place.
*Hopefully my friends are just playing another prank on me... remember the late night phone masturbator. Good stuff. I'm just going to hope this is one of them ...
- Poly Amory
- I am the product-child of the Women's Lib movement. I have a grade A education, a promising career and no immediate goal for children or a spouse. I will be 30 this year and I have spent many years in monogamous relationships. In and out of 1 to 2 year relationships, I always dated with the goal of meeting someone special. Most of the time I didn't date. Most of the time I found myself falling into relationship after relationship. These relationships were doomed to fail. They were all built on expectations that were, for me, unattainable. I love meeting new people. I find sex enjoyable and empowering and I am not happy when I am monogamous. So, after my last break-up, after taking some time to grieve, I decided to cut my societal puppet strings and get back in the game. I set out on a mission to spend the Summer of 2010 dating as many men as possible. My only initial criteria was attraction. My only limitation was - no love and no structured relationships. This is my date by date tale of what life can be like outside of the goals of relationships and love.
- ► 2011 (78)
- Games People Play
- Houston, We Have A PROBLEM
- Grown Folks Part 2 - His Response
- Grown Folks
- Power Slut
- Houston, Again.
- This Is Not An Experiment
- Strip Clubs
- New Boys, Exes, Hickeys And Marriage
- The Death Of My Life As An Online Dater
- The Beautiful One Takes His Bow
- Run Away - Pt 2
- Run Away
- The Want To Be Wanted
- The Good Date Gets A Name
- I Am Not Ready To Love
- Some Methods, More Madness
- My Week Of Online Dating Mishaps/Disasters/What Th...
- ▼ December (21)