Friday, July 30, 2010

Letters From Readers - A Man

Dear Poly,

I think I may be having a slight mid-life crisis. A hot Japanese girl, who I turned down when she was only 19, came by one of my shows last week and not so gently reminded me several times that she was now 21!
For a moment I was at a loss for words or at least a good counterpoint.
She was standing there looking her absolute hottest while non-verbally asking, "So what now?"...and I had nothing.

~ Man

___________________________________________________________________

Dear Man,

This is an interesting dilemma. I don't know how much insight I can offer in this situation. You are a man, and while I love and respect men, I try not to attempt to understand them. I have enough trouble trying to understand myself and pinpoint my own motives.

What I will say is that I appreciate this momentary glimpse into the mind of a "mid-life" man.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am the product-child of the Women's Lib movement. I have a grade A education, a promising career and no immediate goal for children or a spouse. I will be 30 this year and I have spent many years in monogamous relationships. In and out of 1 to 2 year relationships, I always dated with the goal of meeting someone special. Most of the time I didn't date. Most of the time I found myself falling into relationship after relationship. These relationships were doomed to fail. They were all built on expectations that were, for me, unattainable. I love meeting new people. I find sex enjoyable and empowering and I am not happy when I am monogamous. So, after my last break-up, after taking some time to grieve, I decided to cut my societal puppet strings and get back in the game. I set out on a mission to spend the Summer of 2010 dating as many men as possible. My only initial criteria was attraction. My only limitation was - no love and no structured relationships. This is my date by date tale of what life can be like outside of the goals of relationships and love.