Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Safe Lovin'

Consider this a PSA.

As you all know, I love to have a good time. I promote free love. I promote shedding expectations of a relationship and society's misconceptions of women and sexuality. I promote the exploration of self and strength in sexual liberation. I promote life and I promote good health. In order to attain all of these things, and maintain balance and harmony in the dating world, wrap it up! Practice safe sex folks. If you don't know how STDs/STIs are transmitted, peep this.

Condoms don't feel as good as sex without them, we know that. Now grow up. It still feels better than no sex and it damn sure feels better than Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis and ... woa ... Intestinal Parasites are an STD??? See ... even I'm learning new things today.

So, be smart. I'm going to go shower. That Intestinal Parasite thing threw me off. Read up folks. Act smart. Use condoms, know your STDs and talk to your partner.

My mother approves this message.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I am the product-child of the Women's Lib movement. I have a grade A education, a promising career and no immediate goal for children or a spouse. I will be 30 this year and I have spent many years in monogamous relationships. In and out of 1 to 2 year relationships, I always dated with the goal of meeting someone special. Most of the time I didn't date. Most of the time I found myself falling into relationship after relationship. These relationships were doomed to fail. They were all built on expectations that were, for me, unattainable. I love meeting new people. I find sex enjoyable and empowering and I am not happy when I am monogamous. So, after my last break-up, after taking some time to grieve, I decided to cut my societal puppet strings and get back in the game. I set out on a mission to spend the Summer of 2010 dating as many men as possible. My only initial criteria was attraction. My only limitation was - no love and no structured relationships. This is my date by date tale of what life can be like outside of the goals of relationships and love.