Men and women alike, get out your crayons and Big Chief tablets ... this one merits some note-taking.
Yesterday was not a great day. I had a bad conversation with an ex. I was feeling distant and unloved. I ate everything in the kitchen and I had a pimple. Nothing major happened. No one cussed me out or told me I was ugly. No one was even halfway rude to me. I was just not feeling like myself. This feeling was very similar to the way I felt the first time Todd took me out. On our initial date, he used the power of his dick to pull me out of my funk and all was well with the world.
I had texted him earlier in the day, before my mundane bout with the useless emotion of self-pity for no good reason had consumed me. The text was simple. "I am leaving in 10 days." We had a good first date and he had asked to take me out again. I was afraid that he might take his sweet time and then time would be up. I was just letting him know we didn't have the luxury of time. It was received. He asked what I was doing tonight. Bingo!
We had agreed that he would pick me up some time after 7. He texted at 7:05 and said something was wrong with my phone because he had been trying to call. He had made plans, but wouldn't tell me what they were. He was ready when I was. I was ready by 8:15, he was outside my place by 8:45.
When he told me he had made surprise plans, it made me a bit nervous. What could we be doing? The only thing I remembered discussing for a possible future date was a strip club. So, I decided he was probably going to take me to a butt naked. I was not in the mood, but we had talked about it and if those were the plans he made, so be it. I was going to go to that strip club and, if he bought me a lapdance, I was going to accept it graciously. The fact that a pre-planned date threw me into pseudo-panic mode is definitely a sign of the times. I was not used to this.
Getting ready for this date was a lot like getting ready for my first date with Todd. I consulted my sister on 3 different dresses. I tried on multiple pairs of shoes. He makes me nervous. I am not sure why, but he does. This was good. The nervous turned to excited and I found myself out of the bad mood. My sister and I settled on a simple black dress, black heels and a black bag.
He called. My pulse sped up. He was outside. I got into his car and he was just as cute as I had remembered. He smiled, said hi and reversed out of the driveway. Off to the strip club?...
- Poly Amory
- I am the product-child of the Women's Lib movement. I have a grade A education, a promising career and no immediate goal for children or a spouse. I will be 30 this year and I have spent many years in monogamous relationships. In and out of 1 to 2 year relationships, I always dated with the goal of meeting someone special. Most of the time I didn't date. Most of the time I found myself falling into relationship after relationship. These relationships were doomed to fail. They were all built on expectations that were, for me, unattainable. I love meeting new people. I find sex enjoyable and empowering and I am not happy when I am monogamous. So, after my last break-up, after taking some time to grieve, I decided to cut my societal puppet strings and get back in the game. I set out on a mission to spend the Summer of 2010 dating as many men as possible. My only initial criteria was attraction. My only limitation was - no love and no structured relationships. This is my date by date tale of what life can be like outside of the goals of relationships and love.
- ► 2011 (78)
- Departure - Part 3
- Departure - Part 2
- Departure - Part 1
- Last "Official Date" Of The Summer
- My Final Night In Houston
- Nice To Meet You Love. You Look Nothing Like Your ...
- Ask Him Out -- Today
- Making the What? Continued
- Making the What?
- That's A Wrap, Houston ...
- Danger. Do Not Enter... or How My Ex Ruined My Day...
- There Will Be No Obligatory Sex.
- The Good Date - Part 2
- Letters From Natalia - My Life As The Other Woman
- The Good Date - Part 1
- The Nice Girl
- Head ... It's A Deal Breaker.
- Face Shots ...
- It's Not Love. It's Just Good.
- The Co-Worker - Part 2
- Messages From Online Daters
- The Co-Worker
- Scared Smart
- Letters From Readers - My Life Without an Orgasm
- Missing: The Female Orgasm - Reward Offered
- Not Feelin' It, Mrs. Robinson
- Everybody Hates Chris - Pt 2 - The No-Tell
- Everybody Hates Chris
- The DP Dilemma
- Feminist Me
- Feature Article
- Morning Glory
- No Sharing
- ▼ August (41)