Monday, August 30, 2010

Last "Official Date" Of The Summer

I went on my last official date of the summer.  Since we had such good luck on the real date front, I decided that going on my last date with Todd would be a pretty dope decision.  I was right.

There isn't a whole lot to say about it.  He was amazing.  He picked my up with two slushies from Sonic and a bottle of Ciroc.  Homemade hurricanes.  Actually, hotel made hurricanes.  Yep.  There was another hotel.  This time, it was a bit different.  We exited the freeway in a very swanky part of town and pulled in to the parking lot.  Not exactly the hourlie situated between two strip clubs.  We were taking it up a notch.  He went in and checked in and then we parked.

The room was beautiful.  I was like a kid in a candy store. It wasn't the money spent on the hotel.  The fact that it was really nice was wonderful.  The bed was comfortable and the shower was great.  But, that wasn't it.  I remembered how wonderful our time was in the hourlie.  We got along so well and it didn't matter where we were.  The idea that he went through the trouble and effort is what made me happy.  It was that he had listened to me and knew the things I wanted.  He delivers them to me as gifts and my happiness means something to him.  Whether it's him wanting me to have a hood drink before I go back to white bread New England, or making me a Sonic Hurricane in one of the nicest hotels in town, he does it for me.

After we had sex in the hotel, we headed out and had sushi, then we headed to a local arcade and played pinball until 2 in the morning.  It was great.  He's competitive and it was playful.  I don't know how to thank him for making me feel the way he makes me feel.  I hope he comes to visit and that we can get to know each other better.  That's all I really have to say about Todd.  He's someone I want to know better and spend more time with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am the product-child of the Women's Lib movement. I have a grade A education, a promising career and no immediate goal for children or a spouse. I will be 30 this year and I have spent many years in monogamous relationships. In and out of 1 to 2 year relationships, I always dated with the goal of meeting someone special. Most of the time I didn't date. Most of the time I found myself falling into relationship after relationship. These relationships were doomed to fail. They were all built on expectations that were, for me, unattainable. I love meeting new people. I find sex enjoyable and empowering and I am not happy when I am monogamous. So, after my last break-up, after taking some time to grieve, I decided to cut my societal puppet strings and get back in the game. I set out on a mission to spend the Summer of 2010 dating as many men as possible. My only initial criteria was attraction. My only limitation was - no love and no structured relationships. This is my date by date tale of what life can be like outside of the goals of relationships and love.