Saturday, August 14, 2010

Messages From Online Daters

This is the part of the blog where I am just mean. I have thought about it a bit and I would say this is the one time when I don't really hold back. When I write about my experiences I try to be as nice as possible while still being honest. Not when it comes to the messages I get on dating sites. I just can't help it. So, I signed up for a new site. On this one, I put that my interest was serial dating. I get like 30 messages a day. I don't know if that is a lot. Seems like it's just too much. Here are a handful of the messages I have received. Enjoy.

"Then how about tonight? Right to the point should get points, right?"

Idunno.


"Aren't you a little miracle!!!"

Man. We laughed at this one for a while. A long while. Me? A little miracle? Maybe when I was birthed.


"Ok. So I am seriously tongue tied here, normally I am the talker and love to engage people in conversation, break the ice and general just make people feel good.

However I find myself in unfamiliar territory with you as you are so beautiful and seriously the cats meow that I really don't have the first clue on what to say other that WOW!"

This is a copy and paste. Not an original word in the message. At least he put the effort into typing it out once.


"Very nice profile."

This is a lazier copy and paste. But at least it seems honest enough. His pics didn't look like a bot, so I am sure if he takes the time to copy and paste a message, he thinks the profile is, at least, nice. Maybe the "very" is an exaggeration.


"Very bold honesty, being a serial dater and all. Excellent! Props to u! Many women hide all their activities under garbs, its nice to see honesty."

Thanks for the props. Men hide their 'activities' too.


"No couch potatoes. Me, I love sex and rugs and rock and roll."

No couch potatoes. But he's fine with 'rug' addicts? Ugh. I don't know what any of that means.


"We look like the same person I think. What are you doing this weekend."

Just look in the mirror. Pretend we are hanging out.


"A serial dater? I like that ... but I guess ... nevermind, lol, I was going to say ... I wonder if a guy could do that, but lots do, but then your (sic) considered a player, lol, ..., right?"

Whatever. Chill with the ellipses and commas, guy. They are overriding your half-cocked assessment on the gender binary.

__________________________________

If you'd like to be clowned on my blog, hit me up on a dating site.




2 comments:

  1. I hit you up on a dating site and got neither clowned nor a response.... after re-reading the message, I was expecting the big shoes and red nose.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am the product-child of the Women's Lib movement. I have a grade A education, a promising career and no immediate goal for children or a spouse. I will be 30 this year and I have spent many years in monogamous relationships. In and out of 1 to 2 year relationships, I always dated with the goal of meeting someone special. Most of the time I didn't date. Most of the time I found myself falling into relationship after relationship. These relationships were doomed to fail. They were all built on expectations that were, for me, unattainable. I love meeting new people. I find sex enjoyable and empowering and I am not happy when I am monogamous. So, after my last break-up, after taking some time to grieve, I decided to cut my societal puppet strings and get back in the game. I set out on a mission to spend the Summer of 2010 dating as many men as possible. My only initial criteria was attraction. My only limitation was - no love and no structured relationships. This is my date by date tale of what life can be like outside of the goals of relationships and love.